|Anime • Game • Manga • Characters • Episode Guide • Brands • Coords • Music • Terminology • Images • Videos • Image Galleries • Video Galleries • Forum • Events|
|Physical and Vital Information|
|Anime||Episode 39 - Will I become an Idol Once Again!?|
Mikan is a happy-go-lucky girl with a cheerful personality, who acts like an angel. Even though at first it doesn't seem like it since all she does is follow Aroma around, she has a strong and close bond with her.
AppearanceMikan has round, golden eyes and light red hair pulled up in a high ponytail that reaches down her back and curls up. Loose, curly strands of hair are seen on the sides, and a cowlick on top.
Outside of PriPara, Mikan's hair is in a much shorter ponytail and worn in a wing clip with a small orange in the middle. Her curled strands of hair and cowlick appear to be smaller as well. She is much shorter in this form and appears to be the same age as Laala and Aroma. She wears a winged tie on the school uniform.
- Aroma Kurosu - Aroma is Mikan's best friend, so they are very close. Mikan helped Aroma break out of her shell as a child. Aroma tends to make Mikan do silly things at times, but she cares about her a lot. As they grew up they formed the unit Aromageddon.,now Gaarumageddon.
- Gaaruru - They are close friends and in the same idol unit, Gaarumageddon.
- Heart Jewel Coord - Her casual coord in PriPara from Episode 39 - Episode 106.
- Silky Heart Cyalume Coord - Her normal Cyalume Coord. It becomes her casual coord starting Episode 108.
- Gaarumageddon Blue Club Coord - Her Gaarumageddon Unit Coord.
- Super Cyalume Mikan Coord - Her super cyalume coord.
- Team Super Cyalume Mikan Coord - Her new super cyalume coord starting from episode 166.
- Shiratama (白玉) - Shiratama can be split up into two parts. Shira (白 shiro) means white, in contrast to Aroma's surname (which contains the kanji for black). The tama (玉) means jade/precious gem (pearl) or ball.
- Mikan (みかん) - Mikan means tangerine or mandarin orange. The first character of her name is phonetically the same as mi (見) meaning to see, thus representing the sense of sight.
- According to Yui Watanabe, her voice actress, Mikan is good at most sports.
- She refers to herself in third person.
- She commonly ends her sentences with "~nano". She shares this with Miki Hoshii from Idolm@ster.
- She, along with Aroma, reached Debut Status on their first live.
- They are, however, not the first to do this, as Faruru did the same.
- She, along with Aroma, are the first ones who debuted without using their casual coords.
- In Episode 41, it is shown Mikan has a large appetite, and that Aroma often uses it to her advantage by giving Mikan food - Her favorite food seems to be meat buns.
- She is shown to be able to translate Aroma's archaic way of speaking, usually for the benefit of other people.
- Even though it is shown that Aroma might be controlling Mikan, it is actually Mikan who made Aroma who she is now.
- Even though her Cyalume coord has wings on it, Mikan hasn't been an idol long. The reason for the wings is because of her brand's angel thematic.
- Mikan's birthday falls on October 4th, making her a Libra.
- Laala, Mikan and Aroma are the only other main characters that are 6th graders.
- She is currently the only main character that appeared in Season 2 who has not been center of a Dream Team.
- She is also the only main character who never lost a Dream Idol Grand Prix (Summer Dream Idol Grand Prix is an exception as she did not participate in the said Prix).
- She is also the only main character who has won more than two Dream Idol Grand Prix in a row, having won three.
- She is also the only main character who has never been seen Fairy Changing.
- Before her final design, her hair was orange and was a lot shorter, more like the length of her hair outside PriPara. Her attire was green and orange, and she was also going to have white angel wings.
- Outside of PriPara, she looks similar to Kairin from Tonde Buurin.
- As of Episode 154 - Gaarumageddon Arrived!, Mikan is now roommates with Aroma.
|• • • • • •|